Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy


This is a flick I wouldn't mind seeing again later this year. The storyline is NOT easy to follow and it deserves a second sitting. It's a Cold War era British spy movie, and it doesn't dumb itself down for the plebs on high street who come in to see the film. It's very high brow and the attention to detail is fantastic.

I think we all agreed that the costume, cinematography and sets were outstanding. Not to mention the score. It was a beautifully rich film. However, for as much tension as there was and as much intrigue, you couldn't get sucked in ALL the way b/c the plot was confusing at times. You were concentrating too much on trying to figure out who was who and who did what and why, and that stopped you from being totally immersed. That's why I think a second viewing might do it more justice.

It didn't help that I was distracted by the lady next to me who started fucking knitting a sweater in the theatre! I had to politely ask her to stop. Totally bizarre. She did. And then left halfway through.

I particularly liked their ties and some of their suits. I like paisley, what can I say. And of course there's a fabulous Citroen that you couldn't deny. Everyone loved that bloody car. First film I've watched this year, but I'll be hard-pushed to see something in the next twelve months w/ more style than this flick. More engaging? Yeah. Better? Yeah. More stylish? I doubt it.


2 comments:

  1. You'll see em in gay Paris this spring, man. It's a French car famed for its hydropneumatic suspension. Their 70s cars are pretty sweet lookin. They have their own unique vibe.

    ReplyDelete