Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Earth

Another Earth (2011)

I'm probably behind the times with a lot of the movies I'll be posting about because I rarely go see a movie in the theater. I usually just wait for them to arrive from Netflix.

Basically it's a story about two people on opposite sides of the same tragedy that meet and form a relationship. Brit Marling did a great job as Rhoda. I believed in her pain, regret and hope for redemption.

Some really cool shots of her going about her life with Earth 2 constantly shifting on the horizon. 

Maybe it's just me but I was hoping to get drawn in a little more. I was hoping for some real transcendental shit that I could dwell on for a bit. I wanted Another Earth to actually be about another earth.

Check it out if you haven't already.




1 comment: