Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pearl Jam Twenty



Just got done watching Pearl Jam Twenty by Cameron Crowe. It came out in 2011 and I've heard from a few people that it was a really good doc. Those people were right on the money. This thing is well worth watching.

It's very professionally put together and flows so well. It clearly highlights the golden era, but that's what I'm more interested in anyway. I've never heard anything post Vitology. It could be the greatest shit ever. Never heard it.

I loved Ten as a youth, but Verses aged much better. Verses has that awesome blend of rawness and high fidelity. The songs are more balls to the wall. I don't wanna hear epics like Jeremy anymore. I want the short-sharp-shock of raw power rock'n'roll that Verses delivers.

Anyway, this is a very well done documentary and it's definitely insightful. I don't have a lot to say about it. If you dig Pearl Jam, just go watch it. It's streaming on Netflix now.

(Blogger kept auto-correcting the band's name to Pearly Jam. Just had to edit the damn thing a few times once I caught it.)

1 comment:

  1. Gonna watch this fo sho. Just have too many movies/tv shows to watch. Don't know when I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete