Monday, January 2, 2012

Harris Tweed: From Land to Street


Yup, I bought and read a book about tweed. Don't tell me that surprises you. I actually got interested in reading about tweed when I read Boyer's book on sartorial excellence simply called "Elegance." I dug that book and wanted to read a bit more about the origins of certain fabrics and styles of dress. Anyway, Harris Tweed is a photography book for the most part. It documents how real tweed is made in the Outer Hebridies of Scotland. The author spent a year photographing and interviewing crofters and weavers and documented it all in this beautiful book. It makes you wanna ride your motorcycle across the moors of Scotland really bad! It's so freakin beautiful. I love how nature influences the colors they use for their cloth. It's very unique. Cool stuff. If you like sheep there's copious shots of sheep in here, too. FYI.

1 comment: