Monday, January 2, 2012

the Punisher Max


I've loved the Punisher since day one. Judge Dredd and the Punisher were two comic icons that really ticked all the right boxes for me as a wee lad in Scotland. They're kind of two sides of the same coin when you think about it. One IS the law and one works around the law. Same goal, just different methods. The Max series is awesome b/c Ennis wrote it (and he's responsible for one of THE greatest comics in the history of the world; Preacher). So you know it's awesome right off the bat. Essentially, this is the Punisher turned to 11. All the gratuitous violence you expect from Frank Castle, but w/ the added wit of Ennis and x-rated language and visuals that would have blown my mind as a youth. Dig this shit. Thanks to my boss for loaning me the first TPB. Hurry up and finish the rest, mang!


No comments:

Post a Comment