Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Skin I Live In


STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

How did I miss this on my "best of" list?
This movie was incredible and I'd put it third on my list, right after 13 Assassins. I highly anticipated its release and it blew me away in the theater. How Almodovar took one of the most disturbing plots in the history of cinema, and turned it into such a beautiful movie is beyond me. He's a true auteur. Almodovar crafted a very detailed, perfectly shot, perfectly paced and perfectly cast film. I can't even tell you how amazing this movie is. I haven't seen anything since Control that has had this level of photographic beauty and framing.

(with the power of the internet I could always edit my "best of" post, eh?)

Don't read anything about this. Don't let anything you have read put you off it. Just see it.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you forgot this one! Haven't seen it yet cuz Netflix ain't got it yet. Honestly I haven't read much about this. No spoilers or reviews or anything.

    ReplyDelete