Monday, April 16, 2012

Northlanders

Great recommendation from the Prez!

"Consider us Odin's wolves, here to send you to your nailed god." With dialogue like that you know I'm going to love this. My favorite story out of the four (if I have to pick) was The Shield Maidens. I enjoyed seeing four strong pagan females crushing a horde of christian pillagers. My favorite story based on illustration was The Viking Art of Single Combat. They did a great job of giving them a crazed, hopped up on 'shrooms, "berserker style" look. I was rooting for Snoori the Black.

I don'r read many comics, but I need the rest of this series ASAP.


1 comment:

  1. i have the first 11 TPB's of the brilliant Conan series on Dark Horse. I'm gonna start reading them again soon. i plan on collecting all the Northlanders, too. both are incredible comics. if you wanna get into more comics i have a lot of complete series to loan...Sin City, Preacher, Y the Last Man, Viking, the Walking Dead (up to current TPB)... but yeah, Northlanders is top class.

    ReplyDelete