Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Classic Albums: Number of the Beast


I watched this at lunch at work. Great way to spend your time!

I saw that a bunch of "Classic Albums" documentaries were added to Netflix so I started working my way through them. I gotta say that this was very well done. It lets the artists and the people involved tell the story. It goes through each song on "Number of the Beast" and they discuss how they were written, recorded, or what they mean.

The best bits in any of these "Classic Albums" doc's are when the Producer is fiddling with the tracks on the board. Martin Birch isolates each player and reveals how things are layered etc. It's insightful and any nerd will appreciate it.

I'm gonna keep this brief. These doc's aren't ground-breaking, but they're well done and worth nerding out to.

Up the Irons!



No comments:

Post a Comment