Monday, April 30, 2012

Inside the Circle


For someone who didn't dance at their own wedding, it's odd that I actually really wish I could breakdance.

I watch anything I come across that has to do with graffiti or breaking. Most doc's are crappy and low-budget. This one doesn't break the mold. But once you get through a certain amount of it you're compelled to see it through and see how everything works out for the dudes involved.

I absolutely loved Planet B-Boy. That shit was a top drawer doc. Inside the Circle is more like a school project.

It follows the lives of three dudes from Texas who wear super baggy clothes and talk like they have a mouthful of marbles and a 100 word vocabulary. Romeo is an entrepreneurial gangsta b-boy, Omar is a very talented but arrogant b-boy, and Josh is a juvenile delinquent b-boy who could have gotten somewhere if it wasn't for his myopic world view and lizard brain.

Skip this, watch Planet B-Boy instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment