Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Classic Albums: Nevermind


I watched this at lunch the day after watching the Iron Maiden installment.

I had tickets to see Nirvana in Scotland. Then Kurt killed himself a few days before the show. I remember seeing the report on the news and calling my best friend at the time to tell him. Sucked that I never got to see em. Couldn't he have waited another week? Oh wait, couldn't she have waited another week? Whatever. I don't get into all that conspiracy shit.

But I do get into "Nevermind." A truly classic album, just as the title proclaims. I found this doc more insightful than the Maiden one. Not saying it was better, but just a bit more revealing. It's really cool to see the Producer isolate the tracks on this one. You hear Grohl's backing vocals and all this cool shit. I liked hearing Krist and Dave's input and recollections of the time period.

Definitely spend the 50 minutes watching this. I wish it was longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment