Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Midnight In Paris

I know you really liked this and I had heard lots of good things about this one....but I am not a Woody Allen fan.

I can appreciate the idea behind this film because I consider myself rather nostalgic. What I cannot appreciate is the dialogue and Owen Wilson. Wilson has been all downhill since Bottle Rocket (ok, I liked Shanghai Noon). He is just so sappy, which I guess goes well with Allen's dialogue.

Obviously we're supposed to figure out that Wilson and his fiancee don't go well together but it's just soo obvious. The conversation between those two characters was not believable. Really? There's a woman out there that's completely bored by Paris? I doubt it. I'm not even gonna talk about how bad of characters her parents were.

Whatever though. I didn't hate it. I just didn't think it was that great. My favorite part was the opening credits. It got me really excited to be in Paris this spring.


3 comments:

  1. i think you didn't like the characters because of the fact that you're not a woody allen fan. all of his characters are somewhat neurotic and to the extreme in one way or another. owen wilson was great! and don't tell me you didn't think he was genius in the darjeeling limited.
    anyway, i know this is your opinion, but you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see the Darjeeling Limited again.

    ReplyDelete