Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ghost Rider: Hell Bent & Heaven Bound


Little disappointed in this one, to be honest.

I haven't read Ghost Rider since I was a wee lad. I used to read it in the early 90's when I was reading Deathlok, 2000AD and Punisher. While Punisher and Judge Dredd hold up and I still love em, this particular Ghost Rider series had me pining for what I perceive to be the glory days. I thought the art was lack-luster at times and the characters were just a little too stilted.

I wasn't engrossed. And that sucks because what's fucking cooler than the spirit of vengeance riding a freakin flaming motorcycle with a fiery skull and spikes?! It's all right there, all you have to do is write a compelling story around such a bad ass character. I just didn't care what happened.

I'm going to go back to the 90's comics and see if I can find a much better writer/illustrator combo and try again...

No comments:

Post a Comment