Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dark Knight Rises


Overrated.

The Dark Knight was head and shoulders better than any other Batman movie. The acting and the overall depth was a lot more engaging than anything I'd seen prior. I was pretty stoked to see the next one in the franchise, the Dark Knight Rises. But it let me down.

I don't really have a lot to say about it. It was alright. It was pretty much just an action flick. Batman himself was the lest interesting character in the film. I was more interested in the roles of the supporting cast; Gordon, Alfred, Fox, and Robin.

None of the bat-automobiles were worth writing home about. The bike was stupid. The flying bat was cool.

Catwoman was well-played. Bane was a bit anti-climactic.

I'll watch the next one, but I'm guessing that the excellence of the Dark Knight was a perfect storm that wont be repeated. This is probably as good as we'll get from here on out. No bother, because the comics are where it's at anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment