Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sláine – The Horned God


So, like I said before, I couldn't wait to re-read "the Horned God."

You can read the original post above for my initial response, if you're so inclined. The second reading was fucking brilliant. I got sucked into Bisley's artwork even more. Since I knew the storyline already I could focus on his art. It's a goddamn masterpiece. I was constantly in awe of how incredible EVERY panel was. How did he paint such consistently incredible shit? It's such a long book. It's so grande. It's like holding an art gallery in your hand. The caliber is unmatched to this day.

The story is great. So relevant. One hallmark of a masterpiece is being timeless. "the Horned God" definitely ticks that box.

Honestly, it might be the best comic of all time. It's that good.





Bisley's perspectives! So damn dynamic. And his trademark colors are so rich and beautiful. Greatest comic artist ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment