Monday, January 7, 2013

DOOM is back! Best of 2012

So all of our subscribers have probably been wondering where I've been. Well as our loyal minions might have noticed, as the weather got warmer I blogged less. That's because the Hammer got a boat and was outside as much as possible, hence I didn't do much movie watching.

In 2011 I watched somewhere around 200 movies. I probably watched less then a quarter of that in 2012.

I apologize for leaving everyone. I promise to do better in 2013.

My favorite films I watched in 2012: (in no order)









My favorite albums of 2012: ( in no order....besides 1-3 )
1. Asphyx - Deathhammer
2. Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction
3. Nate Hall - A Great River
4. Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay
5. Kadaver - Kadaver
6. Jess & The Ancient Ones - s/t
7. Incantation - Vanquish In Vengeance
8. Candlemass - Psalms of the Dead
9. Grave - Endless Procession of Souls
10. Alunah - White Hoarhound
11. Windhand - s/t
12. Scott Kelly - The Forgiven Ghost In Me
13. Hexvessel  - No Holier Temple
14. Angel Witch - As Above, So Below
15. Royal Thunder - CVI
16. Pilgrim - Misery Wizard
17. Testament - Dark Roots of the Earth
18. Vallenfyre - A Fragile King

Best books I read in 2012: ( in no order )
1. Blood & Gold
2. In Cold Blood
3. Tony Iommi - Ironman
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. Devil In The White City






3 comments:

  1. the poster for Beyond the Black Rainbow is amazing! instantly added to my netflix queue solely based on that poster. and of course your esteemed recommendation.

    i'd like to borrow In Cold Blood at some point. the book, not the Integrity side project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it's interesting that you immediately added it to your netflix when brent recommends it, but i showed you the trailer and said i wanted to see it months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i just watched the trailer. i made the comment before i realized you had showed it to me a while back. you're right. i still don't think it looks great. BUT i persuaded by that poster! i WANT to like it for the poster's sake...

    ReplyDelete