Monday, March 19, 2012

Angel Time

First time I've ever thought about not finishing a Rice novel...but I didn't and I'm glad. It's about poverty, suicide, an assassin, an angel, Christians, Jewish persecution, ritual murder and of course redemption. Started off pretty slow but slowly I got hooked. It didn't have the usual Anne Rice style that normally grips me. She put aside her usual stories of the supernatural for awhile so she could write 3 books on the early years of Christ and this is her first book back into the supernatural fiction she's more known for.

All her books are really historical and she usually goes into great detail so that you feel like you're really there. This one didn't have that. It's a short book, so maybe she's just trying to churn them out these days. It is her 30th book after all. This story was pretty good but I'm looking forward to the next book (which I've already started) in this series. I think now that we know the assassin & the angel and their purpose the story will move along at a better pace.

I'm glad I read it, but you don't need to.

2 comments:

  1. i love the cover of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't she a born-again christian and renounces all her old vampire works?

    ReplyDelete