Friday, August 31, 2012

Fire in Babylon


Yeah, I just watched a documentary about the West Indies Cricket Team in the late 1970's. And you know what? It fucking ruled.

Another topic I don't know shit about; cricket. And do I ever really care to know about it? Not really. But this is a compelling story about people, struggle, politics, athleticism, the most winningest sports team of ANY sport (undefeated in their Test Matches for 15 consecutive years!!!), rasta, racism, unity and broken bones.

These dudes had heart. It's an incredible story. Watch the trailer. You might get a different opinion on cricket.

The flick has pretty good production value. Interviews with all the major players of the time, as well as various rasta royalty. If this Bunny Wailer clip doesn't make you wanna watch it... Seriously. I and I give up, rasta man. Na badda me. One love.


Streaming on Netflix. Add it to your queue already, mofo.

No comments:

Post a Comment