Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Conan: The Frost-Giant's Daughter


Like I said, I'm reading them all in chronological order. Conan's youth is interesting, but you really want to get into the meat-and-potatoes of what it is to be Conan the Cimmerian. And the Frost-Giant's Daughter takes you one step closer.

I think this one picks up with Conan around 18 years old and follows him on his journey away from his home and off into unseen territory. Conan is spurred on by his grandfather's stories and he wants to see the world. Bang chicks in far off lands. Decapitate scumbags in the North and eviscerate scumbags in the South. Steal money in the East. And do some more banging and decapitating in the West. It's a barbarian's life for me.

The art is amazing and the stories are just so freaking compelling. I can't wait to read the other books.

Another bonus to this series is the foreword and afterwords included in each trade paperback. You get some great knowledge about Robert E. Howard, as well as the creation of the comics in hand. It's a great package.

"You cannot escape me!" he roared. "Lead me into a trap and I'll pile the heads of your kinsmen at your feet! Hide from me and I'll tear apart the mountains to find you! I'll follow you to hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment