Monday, January 8, 2018

Hellraiser


I haven't seen Hellraiser since I was a kid. Marie was outta the house tonight so I gave it a watch. First time in a couple decades. It was a chore to get through it, to be honest.

I dug the music, the 80's nostalgia from my youth, and....that's about it. Kristy was hot.

The movie has no plot or drama, really. It's extremely rudimentary. I've probably seen some deeper plots and dramatic moments in some of the shitty 60's biker flicks I watch, and that's saying something.

Hellraiser does have great special effects. Stop motion / live action is always superior to CGI. There'll come a time when CGI is 100% indistinguishable from real life and at that point we can say it's better. But until then; physical effects are definitely superior.

Hellraiser also has a few good one-liners that really stick in your 10-year-old head. Cuz that's the age that you should be when you watch this to really fucking enjoy it. I hate one-liners, but Hellraiser has some classics that any kid would love and repeat in the playground to their friends.

I didn't enjoy it. But I just had to watch it since it's been so long. Tell ya what, Night Breed is faaaaaaaar superior. Night Breed is legit as fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment