Saturday, May 17, 2014

Senna (audio commentary)


So, I think this is my fourth time watching Senna. Marie bought me the Blu-Ray for my birthday so I popped it in and watched it with the audio commentary on.

The Director, Editor and Producer are all talking if I recall. But it's mostly the Director and Editor. Anyway, I don't have anything new to add that I haven't mentioned any of the other times I've watched the film. The commentary is obviously only for die-hards. If you've seen it three times then maybe you'll wanna watch the commentary. I learned a few interesting tidbits. I'd love to see a longer cut of the film because their first cut was five hours long. Then they got it down to three. Then two. And finally 100 minutes for theatrical release.

This was the first time that I didn't cry like a baby while watching it. But that's only because there were two or three other people talking over the whole film. You couldn't get emotionally involved while the Director was going on about access to Bernie Eckelstone's archives...

It got me stoked to watch it again, though. So I'm pretty sure I'll be watching it for a fifth time by year's end...best. documentary. ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment