Sunday, January 26, 2014

the Social Network


I was interested in this flick. I wanted to know a bit more about the origins of Facebook. And from that perspective the film certainly delivers. It's all wrapped up in a neat little bundle for you.

Music by Trent Reznor, too. Nice one.

Overall it kinda sucks because it's a 2 hour flick about college kids. Rich college kids. So that's not so hot. But whatever, it's cool to at least get one side's perspective on how things all went down. Did Zuckerberg really STEAL the idea? Did he owe people millions of dollars for his theft? You'll find out what went down in court if you didn't know already.

Geeks vs. jocks. Open systems vs closed systems. To monetize or not to monetize. All this and more is covered in this look inside Harvard, start-ups and Palo Alto. Would I really recommend this flick? Meh, not really. I could have gotten the info from a web search in about 15 minutes if I really wanted to. But it was alright. No beef with it. Just standard fare.

Zuckerberg is portrayed as an insecure nerd asshole. I'm sure as the youngest billionaire on earth he doesn't give a flying fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment