Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year & Fuck "New York, New York"


Not to sound like an old bastard, but in my opinion, it's a crime against humanity when anything but Auld Lang Syne is sung after the ball drops at 12 am. Get out of here with this "New York, New York" shit, that's weak sauce. Here's my favorite version of Burns's poem that I listen to every New Year's at the strike of 12. It's from a Big Country concert shot at the Barrowlands in Glasgow in the early 80s. The performance beforehand is epic, however the best part comes at the very end when the band is finished playing. I still get chills when I hear the crowd singing at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMeipHcDmbI

2nd place goes to Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians.
Have a Happy Hogmanay!

No comments:

Post a Comment