Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Skin I Live In


I already reviewed this when I saw it for the first time. I believe I gave it "movie of the year." Mind was blown into many little pieces all over the theatre.

So I got the disc from Netflix so I could watch it again. Thankfully, I have a terrible memory so I didn't remember all the plot. It made for a fresher second viewing. I think Marie remembered more about the film that I did, and that was just from me telling her about it. She never even watched it.

Yeah, it's still amazing. I already gushed about it in the first review. I want to add that the score was really fucking good. I really paid attention to it more this time around. Also, the film seemed somewhat Hitchcockian. Like this could be something Hitchcock could have done had he lived later in the century. It's twisted, fucked up, and beautiful in a way I think Hitchcock would admire.

The framing is unreal. The editing just leaves you rapt. Glued to the damn screen. I wish I had a 90"TV to watch this thing on. The colors and lighting are second-to-none.

I tell ya what, a 6 Series has never looked so damn good, either. It has an elegance (in white) that suits a Hitchcock leading man.

Unless I watch Taxi Driver again this year, I can't see anything else beating this for "best movie I've watched all damn year" again. It's THAT good the first time around, and the second...


No comments:

Post a Comment