Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Conan: Throne of Aquilonia


Volume 12 of the current Conan series by Dark Horse.

It would take an act of Crom to fuck up this series. By and large, it's pretty fucking awesome. Hence I'm religiously purchasing each trade as it comes out. BUT I gotta say the current penciler and writer aren't my favorite duo. There's some real clunky exposition. Just some ungainly scripting. And the art is pretty harsh. Lots o' angles. Not a terribly mature style.

And looking back on this story...quite an absence of boobs and booty. But some witty details to be caught, no less. I like Conan stroking his chin in the background as a fine lass saunters past in the fore. Good times at the local pub.

So, volume 12 is good. How could it not be? But I hope volume 13 is better. This just left me wanting  a bit more.

Crom's balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment