Friday, February 7, 2014

Eschatus



Hammer of Doom bought this book a while back. He showed it to me and I was pretty blown away by the art. I knew I needed to own a copy.

Bruce Pennington is a fantasy artist from England. He's in his 70's now but still kicking around the scene. I know this because we got in touch with Bruce and commissioned one of his paintings for the new Temple of Void album. Needless to say we were pretty goddamn stoked about the whole thing. His art is amazing. 

So, Eschatus is a book he painted where he visualized quite a few entries of Nostradamus's prophecies. Bruce envisioned them taking place in the distant future. It's very apocalyptic. Some real heavy shit.

When Bruce is on his game you can mention him in the same breath as Frazetta or Bisley. 

Anyway, I traded in a book at a local rare bookstore that I'd never been to before. I came across the Frazetta book I just blogged about, this Pennington book, and a Jackie Stewart book on the 1969 F1 season. It was a good day.

These little fucking images don't do him justice. Google his work. You'll see some incredible stuff...

HAILS!






No comments:

Post a Comment