Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Glory Stompers


I don't think I'd seen this since 2011. Been far too long. This was one of the very first biker movies I'd ever watched. Was about time we cycled it back into rotation.

The Glory Stompers is one of the most quintessential biker movies of all time. It really has it ALL. Absolutely definitive. The best love-in scene, weird headgear, bikes in every frame of the movie, sick choppers, mommas, old ladies, drugs, karate chops, fuzzed-out guitars, swastikas, violence, chains, kidnapping, death...I could go on and on. This movie has ever trope in the biker book. So it's amazing.

Oh yeah, did I mention Dennis Hopper is the lead and Casey Kasem is in it? He's got a cool role, too. Casey was in more than one biker flick from the 60's, in fact. Hopper is great in this, of course.

An absolute classic of the genre. Highly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment