Saturday, March 12, 2016

Papillon


After I watched the film adaptation again in 2014, I bought the book. I just got through the 560 pages today and went ahead and bought the second book by Henri Charriere, called Banco. It picks up the story where Papillon leaves off.

But anyway, I absolutely LOVED the movie. One of the greatest god damn things ever. The book is really good, too. But technically the film is better than the book, to be honest. The book is awesome source material. You could have made a 10 part series out of it. Easy.

I don't care if it's true, false, half-true, whatever. Reading it is fun and that's what counts. It's a page-turner, and there are a lot of pages to turn.

Prison break stories are awesome. All of them. And the French make the best prison break art. First Papillon, then Le Trou, and then Mesrines. Those are the best of the best.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't love this book.


2 comments:

  1. I will have to check that out. I just read The Long Walk, french prisoners escaping a russian prison in siberia and traveled all the way to india. Amazing. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9013.The_Long_Walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Clint. thanks for the suggestion. i just bought a copy on Amazon. :)

      Delete