Sunday, September 13, 2015

Birth of the Living Dead


Here's another one that just popped up on my Netflix queue. It's a 75 minute documentary about the making of Night of the Living Dead.

'The Living Dead is easily one of my all time favorite horror movies so I grilled up a double veggie burger and sat down to check it out.

This is a good doc that quickly goes through the humble inception of the flick, its release, and cultural impact. Most of it done simply through talking heads. Romero dominates the story-telling. He's an affable character who's really reminiscent of Stan Lee. Seriously. I'd love to see them hang out together. Like long lost brothers.

I didn't know that Romero had Spanish heritage; I always thought he was Italian. He's from the Bronx and he's called Romero...but I'm hardly an über fan, just ignorant, I guess. Anyway, that was just a tidbit I picked up.

But I digress. This is a good, quick doc on the making of the a classic. I imagine you love Night of the Living Dead, so nerd out for just over an hour on this shit. It's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment