Friday, January 30, 2015

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Marie recently rented the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy audiobook from the library. It's narrated by the brilliant comedian and thinker, Stephen Fry. She really enjoyed it so passed it along to her husband.

I rarely ever listen to audiobooks. I wasn't sure how I felt about it to be honest. You had to really concentrate as you listened to it in your car. It's definitely a different experience. I prefer good ol' paper.

I won't take anything away from Stephen Fry's narration, though. He's very funny and did a great job assuming each character.

The end of the book is very abrupt. No denouement, just...over. I thought I had put in the wrong CD and missed something. I understand there are more books to read but still...

I also heard the radio drama is the best version of the Guide. I dunno. I'm definitely going to re-watch the film with Marie, though. If even only for the yarn scene.

I'm glad I "read" it (do you "read" audiobooks?), but I wasn't blown away. Probably would have been way better if I was 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment