Friday, September 5, 2014

Misery Obscura



I love this book. I bought it as soon as it dropped but it deserved a re-reading. 160 odd pages of photos and stories by Eerie Von. It's great shit, man. It really is.

The thing that really impressed me the first time around was the quality of the book. The design is really freakin nice. A lot of time and effort went into this book. Great production value and finishing techniques.

Anyway, I read it again. I stared at the cool old pics of James and Kirk, of the Misfits and Samhain back in the day. Killer Danzig shots in the studio and behind the scenes. It's all there. But the best part is really just reading Eerie retell his tales of yore. About making Danzig laugh. Lyle Preslar. The whole 9 yards, man.

If you're fiend this is mandatory. I ended up buying an original print off of Eerie for Pickle one x-mas.

And if you're not a fiend...what the fuck's wrong with you?



No comments:

Post a Comment