Friday, November 23, 2012

Mesrine Part 2: Public Enemy #1


I just watched Part 1 for the second time a few days ago. I wanted to watch Part 2 shortly thereafter, so I sat down with a tofurkey sandwich and fired up Netflix.

I don't have anything to expound upon that wasn't covered in the first review. The difference between both films is minimal. I found Part 1 to be better because it was a little bit more dynamic. It was more drama-oriented. Part 2 is almost non-stop action. So depending on how you like your pacing or depth, you might lean towards one or the other. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Some great Peugeots in this installment. And that brown 5 Series with yellow lamps? Awesome.

Truly a spectacular double-feature. A legitimate classic. I can't think of a better gangster film. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment