Monday, September 3, 2012

Fixation


Bicycles are for people who can't afford motorcycles.

This doc was kinda low rent. Shaky production values. Only 40 minutes. Pretty shallow.

Powering your bike is kinda cool. I respect that aspect of the fixed gear bike. It's as fast or as slow as you are. It's clearly more of an extension of the person than a geared bike. No brakes. I'd like to try riding one for the sake of fitness. Satan knows I could do with some cardio and leg exercise.

It's streaming on Netflix. But why watch it when you can do something else with your 40 minutes. Like ride a proper bike...with an engine.

[update 09/09/12] I rode Bad Eye's fixie. These things are death-traps! I couldn't stop the bloody thing. Horrible piece of machinery. Give me brakes or give me death.

No comments:

Post a Comment